First looks are arguably the most special part of the day, (maybe after your actual vows). It’s such a sweet, intimate moment with just you and your fiancé — which is one reason why we did one, you don’t get that time alone when you see each other in a traditional, walk down the aisle, reveal. You finally getting to see each other, on this special day, before you make this huge commitment to each other— it’s a big deal! There are already so many emotions leading up to the moment; excitement, butterflies, nerves, joy, happiness, comfort and of course love, but the moment he turns around and and gives you that “Holy smokes, I just won the lottery” look, well let’s just say nothing tops that feeling!
So you could really leave it at that and it would be the most special memory for the two of you but its your wedding day so let’s be extra 🙂
Here are 5 ways to make your first look even more special.
1. Read letters – I think a lot of people do this anyway but not everyone thinks to open them together during your first look. Cue all the tears!
2. Writing personal vows – Have some vows you want to make NOT in front of a bunch of people?! You could use this private time to share some personal or funny vows you want to make to each other— Think inside jokes, ways you will take care of each other, etc. ie. Groom: “I promise to kill all the spiders that cross your path.”
3. Giving gifts- Another thing couples probably do anyway but traditionally they give it to someone else who can give it to their fiancé and miss out onn getting to see them open it. Why not hold on to the gifts until and you can give them to each other in person?
4. Praying together —I love this and think what better way could you prepare for the ceremony and commitment you are about to make. Keeping the Lord at the center of everything is the key to a lasting marriage to why not start out strong!
5. Surprise ‘em! – This is a fun spin and could be anything from surprising them with what you wear, to having someone else or your pets step in. When he hears your voice say “Okay, turn around” expecting you in white but gets a surprise— it will definitely be a special moment you both won’t forget.